When you put your home up for sale, one of the best ways to determine the asking price is to look at comparable sales. There’s rarely a perfect apples-to-apples comparison, so a pricing decision often relies on comparisons to several recent sales in the area. Here are five criteria to look for in a sales comparison.
1. Location: Homes in the same neighborhood typically follow the same market trends. Comparing your home to another in the same neighborhood is a good start, but comparing it to homes on the same street or block is even better.
2. Date of sale: It varies by location, but housing markets can see a ton of fluctuation in a short time period. It‘s best to use the most recent sales data available.
3. Home build: Look for homes with similar architectural styles, numbers of bathrooms and bedrooms, square footage, and other basics.
4. Features and upgrades: Remodeled bathrooms and kitchens can raise a home’s price, and so can less flashy upgrades like a new roof or HVAC system. Be sure to look for similar bells and whistles.
5. Sale types: Homes that are sold as short sales or foreclosures are often in distress or sold at a lower price than they’d receive from a more typical sale. These homes are not as useful for comparisons.
Author:Amanda Phillips Phone: 919-746-7981 Dated: September 15th 2017 Views: 88 About Amanda: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
About eXp Realty, Triangle Region of North Carolina
Trust eXp Realty and our team of real estate agents to help you find homes for sale or to sell your current home. We recognize the level of service that the mobile consumer demands. You have information. You have dreams. We possess experience, integrity, and innovation. Together we create leverage to make your dreams a reality.
""Amanda Phillips did an outstanding job helping my wife and I sell our townhome. She was very helpful every step of the way. She organized and made appointments for getting the staging people to come in and tell us how to best stage our home. She also was very easy to get in touch with every time we had a question or needed to get in touch with her. She made sure to have our listing in all the right places to get maximum exposure which resulted in us getting multiple offers and having it sold in under a week. We were very happy with everything she did with helping us sell this home and with her help in finding and purchasing our new home. She has been made the whole experience as fun and stress free as possible and we can’t imagine going through it with anyone else. When we get ready to find a new home again she will definitely be our first choice in a real-estate agent.""